Scrapesation (SS) Operating Instructions
1. Preheat your grill to 450–500 degrees to ensure the grate is hot prior to using your SS.
2. Hold your SS with the curved tip on the grill grate at a slight angle. Use firm pressure and pass your SS from front to back on the grate.
3. Once the grooves are formed, your SS can be used on your grate, hot or cold.
Note: Grooves in the SS will improve with each use. Once the grooves begin to form, it is important to keep the SS grooves aligned with the grill grate for each pass over the grill surface. This process ensures customization of your SS specifically to your BBQ grill grate.
Warning: The SS is made of wood, which is flammable. Do not leave it on a hot grill surface or in direct contact with open flame.
* The SS is 100% organic; made in the U.S.A. using solid oak.
* The SS can be used both right and left-handed.
* Custom-forming grooves will not harm your BBQ grill grate or surfaces including porcelain, stainless steel, cast iron, etc.
* Oiling of your SS is recommended at least once a month or as often as needed using mineral oil, butchers block oil, lemon oil, vegetable oil, soybean oil, etc.
* Wash your SS with soap and water if being used to serve food, especially if it has been in contact with raw meat.
* Not dishwasher safe.
* Do not leave your SS outdoors. Exposing it to weather conditions could cause your SS to crack or split.
* A well-maintained SS should increase the life of your grill, providing you with many years of grilling pleasure.